II. Mobile Privacy.
Information We collect:1. Personally Identifiable Information. We may collect information that identifies you ("Personally Identifiable Information") when you interact and provide such information on our Site(s) such as, but not limited to, when creating an account, organizing a fundraising campaign, contributing to a campaign, registering for an event or program, applying for employment at Booster, or purchasing Booster products or services.
2. Non-Personal Data. As you interact on our Site(s), we may also collect information that is not Personally Identifiable Information but may disclose other aspects of your browsing history or certain other information about you through the use of a variety of technologies, including, but not limited to, cookies, tags, beacons, Internet Protocol (IP) address tracking/URL tracking, and other tools. ("Non-Personal Data")
Information We Don't Collect:3. Children. We do not knowingly solicit data online from or market to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the account.
IV. Personally Identifiable Information You May Provide and We May Collect
When you create an Account with us, we will ask you and you may provide the following information: Your name; your email address; your Facebook information, if you are signing up via Facebook Connect (this will authenticate your identity and link your Facebook Profile information, such as your name and email address, to your Booster account); your Twitter information, if you are signing up via Twitter Sign-On, (services like Facebook Connect and Twitter Sign-On give you the option to post information about your activities on the Site to your profile page or account to share with others within your network); and you may provide your zip code or location.
If you become an Organizer and create a Campaign, you will provide us with the following Personally Identifiable Information in addition to the Personally Identifiable Information you provide when you register your Account: Your legal person or business name; your legal physical address; your Tax ID (if you are a business); your telephone number; and Ship-to information (if applicable). We may request your date of birth and your bank account information (if applicable for routing payments). As a Contributor, you may provide: your first and last name; your email address; Ship-to information; your billing name and address; and your payment information (including your credit or debit card details, card type, card number and expiration date). We will only use your payment details for the purpose of processing your donation via our payment partners, which you will be able to see and choose upon making your Contribution. We may automatically pass on your name and email and addresses to the Beneficiary that will benefit from your donation, if required (as in the case of donations to Charities). You may also be asked further information in order to help validate your identity, like your gender, your driver’s license information or government issued identification number, or other personally identifiable information as we need for verification.
We may also collect Personally Identifiable Information from you as a result of your email communications with us, which we may retain along with our responses. Any Personally Identifiable Information you upload to the Site as part of your User Content is available to the public without any expectation of privacy or confidentiality. Copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other Users have copied or stored your User Content even if you remove your User Content. To request removal of your Personally Identifiable Information from these areas of the site, please contact us using the contact information below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personally Identifiable Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We may display Feedback of satisfied Users on our site. With your consent we may post your Feedback along with your name. If you wish to stop your Feedback from being public or to update it, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you use our mobile site, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location based services, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device's setting's menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacturer of your particular device.
V. Non-Personal Data We Collect.
Booster collects information about the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of all visitors to our Site. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer automatically when you use the internet. This information is only collected in the aggregate (in other words, we are not able to monitor your individual usage of the site) and helps us monitor site traffic patterns in order to improve our Services.
VI. How We Use Collected Information
We use your collected information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the Site and Services and conduct our business. For example, as a non-exhaustive list, to: register an Account and to identify you when you sign-in to your account; to administer your Account or funds; respond to your inquiries, customer service requests or complaints, or your job application; verify activity as we deem necessary; send you promotional communications; conduct research and analyze data to improve our Site or Services or customize our communications with you; communicate with you; improve our Content or our software or our internal operations; notify you about updates to our Site or software; keep track of your shopping cart/record session information; keep track of login name/passwords; keep track of click stream data (record user-specific information on what pages users access or visit); and personalize the Site.
VII. Third Parties
- Other Users. We may share your information with other Users of the Site, like Contributors, Organizers or other third parties with your prior consent to do so as described in this Policy. If you are a Contributor, we share your name, email and shipping address with the Organizer for delivery of Extras. If you are an Organizer, we may share your name, email address, and other contact information with any Contributor who alleges that you have failed to comply with your Campaign commitments such as fulfilling Extras. If you are an Organizer or a Contributor, we may share with the Beneficiary or Charity of your choice your name, email, and the amount donated to such Beneficiary or Charity.
- Service Providers: We may outsource some of our technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, job applications processing, payment processing functions, and other services to third parties. We may share information from or about you with them so that they can perform their services. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us and are obligated to keep your information confidential. Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content from our service providers while preserving the look and feel of our site, such as when you enter credit card information or your résumé when applying for a job with us. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to http://www.Booster.com/.
- Aggregate Information: We may share user information in the aggregate (i.e. non identifiable) with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements.
- Facebook and Twitter: We allow users to set up unique personal profiles either directly with us or via third-party sign-on services. To enrich user experience, we request and display some personal information to others so as to allow our users to identify each other. You may be able to connect your Booster account to your accounts on third party services like Facebook or Twitter, in which case we may collect and store information identifying your account with the third party service. We use the information to help you connect and share public content with your friends and followers based on your choice of privacy settings when connecting Booster to Twitter or Facebook. Please visit https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy and https://twitter.com/privacy for their privacy practices.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; or (c) protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users affiliates, or the public, including without limitation in connection with fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity.
- Links: The Site may contain links to unaffiliated third party websites. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on all such third party websites.
We may store Personal Information in locations outside our direct control (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers).
We use Security Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to encrypt sensitive personal information (such as your email or password) before it travels over the internet. Credit card numbers are never stored on our database or servers.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
IX. Compromise of Personal Information
We will promptly notify those persons whose Personally Identifiable Information is compromised. Notwithstanding, Booster does not accept liability for any unintentional disclosure or a disclosure that occurs due to a security breach of our systems or facilities.
X. How You Can Access and Change Information
You may, of course, decline to submit Personally Identifiable Information to us; in which case, you may not be able to register an Account, organize a Campaign, make Contributions or use certain Services.
If your Personally Identifiable Information changes, you may correct, update, amend, remove, or ask to have it removed by making the change on your user Account settings page, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you no longer desire our service, you may deactivate/delete your account entirely from the user Account settings page, or contact us directly.
We will retain your Personally Identifiable Information for as long as your Account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your Personally Identifiable Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
XI. Notification, Emails and Opt-Out
You consent to our using your email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You may not opt out of some Service-related communications. You can change the frequency of many Service-related communications by changing the settings in the “Settings” section.
Upon registration, or on other areas of the site, you may opt-in to receive periodic messages from us, including changes to features of the Service, newsletters, promotions and special offers. If you wish to subscribe to these emails, we will use your name and email address to send them to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our promotional or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing email preferences manager on your account settings page or you can contact us at email@example.com. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
XII. Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (known as the “Shine the Light” law) we hereby notify you that we do not share your personal information for third-party direct marketing use if you opted out to prevent your personal information from being shared for third-party direct marketing use, which you can do free of charge during registration.
Our Site may include links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Booster. When you use a link to go from our Site to another website, such as that of our payments processors, the privacy statement for the other website governs. We encourage you to carefully read and understand the privacy statement of any website you visit.
Our Site may also offer publicly accessible areas like comments sections. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be displayed publicly and read, collected, and used by others who access them.
XIV. Contact Us