- What is Booster?
- Booster is the only social fundraising platform where you can create or support a campaign for whatever cause you care about most by selling custom apparel that you design in our easy-to-use online design lab, by running a donation campaign or both. To learn more visit our How It Works page.
- What is a Booster Campaign?
- At Booster we like to say you can “Raise the way you want.” This means you can run a Merchandise Campaign, a Donation Campaign or both.
A merchandise campaign is a fundraiser where you start by creating a custom t-shirt, sweatshirt or other custom designed product using our easy-to-use online design lab. Next you setup your very own campaign page, featuring your custom merchandise, and then invite your supporters to buy your product to support your cause. You can do all this with no risk, or cost because there are no setup fees and you don’t need to buy any inventory. What’s even better is that you can choose to allow supporters to make additional contributions to your cause during checkout. Your merchandise campaign will need to sell a minimum to print, which will be displayed on the lab when you design your shirt. If you don’t reach the minimum we will refund your supporters for their product purchases. Any additional contributions will still go to your cause.
With donation campaigns you setup your very own fundraising page, customized with a cover photo, a story about your cause and other details and then invite your supporters to make contributions. As with merchandise campaigns there is no risk because there are no setup fees.
- Who can start Booster Campaigns?
- Anyone can. Booster Campaigns are designed to be simple and quick to launch. Booster is available to any individual or group that wants to raise awareness and money for a cause, group, project or for nearly any other purpose.
- Who can I raise money for?
- You can choose to raise money for a non-profit organization, an individual (yourself, friend or family member), or a group / team that is based in the U.S. You select the campaign beneficiary during the campaign setup process, and we’ll take care of the rest.
- Is there a restriction on what I can raise money for?
- A Booster Campaign is great for nearly any cause or project from paying for medical bills, to supporting a registered non-profit, raising money for your school, for a project, for a friend and so much more. We do however prohibit campaigns for highly offensive, discriminatory or illegal purposes. To learn more, take a look at our User Agreement.
- What happens if I don't reach my print minimum?
- If you don’t sell the minimum needed to print, we will promptly refund supporters for the price of the shirt and shipping, but still send you any additional donations supporters gave to your campaign.
- How much does it cost to run a Booster campaign?
- There are no up-front fees to create a Booster campaign. Once your campaign closes successfully, we send you the funds raised minus a modest fee.
The fee for a merchandising campaign is made up of the cost for the blank apparel, plus the cost to print and ship your order and a modest service fee. If you use the “additional donations” feature you only pay the credit card processing fee of 2.9% for any funds raised through that option.
The fee for a Donation Campaign is just 5.99%, taken off the total funds raised, to cover credit card processing and a small administrative fee.
- How does Booster make money?
- On merchandise campaigns Booster takes a small fee on the items you sell on top of the cost to produce and ship your order.
We invest these fees back into Booster to make sure your experience as a supporter or organizer is great. This includes adding new features and tools to help you be successful and to hire and train Booster Advisors to provide you help when you need it. This fee is included in the profit calculation shown in the design lab when you are setting up your Booster Campaign page. The more you sell, the more funds you keep.
If you have enabled the “additional donations” feature on your merchandise campaign a 2.9% processing fee for the additional donations will be deducted. We do not make money on these donations, this just covers credit card processing fees.
For a donation campaigns the fee is 5.99% of your total funds raised includes both credit card processing fees as well as a small administrative fee.
If you have questions please contact a Booster Advisor Here.
- How much money can I raise?
- There is no limit to your fundraising potential. It's all about how many people you can get excited about supporting your cause.
- Are my funds raised taxable and who pays this?
- By law it is your responsibility to report any income you generate from your Booster campaign. Residents of the U.S. are required to fill out a 1099 tax form if this income is in excess of $600. Consult with your tax advisor or attorney for additional information.
- Is the donation amount tax deductible?
- Yes, donations made to registered non-profit organizations 501(c)(3) in good standing with the IRS are deductible to the extent allowed by law. Consult with your tax advisor or attorney for additional information.
- Is my payment/donation secure?
- Yes. Booster is committed to website security, complying with strict PCI (Payment Card Industry) security standards. We regularly audit our system to ensure we are current with the latest technology.
- How will I get my funds?
- During campaign set up you will specify who should receive the funds and choose Paypal, credit card to a 3rd party website or by check as the disbursement method.
For registered non-profits (501c3) running a Booster Donations campaign, your funds will be automatically sent by check or electronic transfer by our payment processor, First Giving.
- When will funds be transferred to me?
- Once your campaign closes, the funds will be sent according to your chosen disbursement method. In the case of PayPal and direct-to-site disbursement methods (credit card), Booster aims to send funds about 2 weeks from the date your campaign closes. Checks generally take longer -- between 3-4 weeks. Be sure to double-check your disbursement details as this cannot be changed once your campaign is live.
Booster Donation Campaigns benefiting a registered non-profit will receive funds by check through our non-profit payment processor, First Giving. Checks are mailed the middle of each month. Weekly transfers by EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) can be set up through First Giving using this form.
- What is the Campaign Dashboard, and how do I access it?
- Your Campaign Dashboard will tell you everything you need to know about the performance of your Booster campaign. From displaying shirt sales and donations, to the number of visitors to your page - it’s all at your fingertips! Once you launch your campaign you’ll receive an email with a link to your Dashboard. You should plan to check your Booster Dashboard most days while your campaign is live so you can stay up-to-date. You can also access your dashboard using this link.
- Can I contact a donor who supported my campaign?
- If you are running a merchandising campaign you will see a list of your supporters in your campaign dashboard. You can use the email tool built into your dashboard to thank supporters for their contribution toward your goal. If you are running a donation campaign you will see a list of donors, including names and emails (coming soon) you can use to thank your supporters.
- How do I get help?
- Booster has a dedicated campaign advisor team that can assist with any questions or concerns. You may contact a Booster Advisor here.
- Will I receive a donation receipt/confirmation?
- An electronic donation receipt/confirmation will be sent to the email address provided during the donation process. The email will sent from firstname.lastname@example.org with your contribution amount.
- I made a purchase or donation to a Booster campaign. How will this charge appear on my credit card statement?
- Donations or shirt purchases on Booster campaigns will appears as “*WPY* Booster.as” on your credit card statement.
- Is there a fee to donors for making a contribution?
- If you buy a shirt, you may add a donation without any service fees (just 2.9% to cover payment processing). In the campaigns with no merchandising component, there is a flat fee of 5.99% deducted before funds are distributed to the campaign beneficiary to cover credit card processing fees and administrative costs.
- Can I hide my name from public view when making a donation?
- Yes. During the contribution process you may select the option “make my name anonymous”. If you already contributed to a campaign you can request your name.
- How do I receive a refund for my contribution?
- Email us at email@example.com or call 855-862-8756 with the details of your refund request, and one of our associate would be happy to help.
- Is Paypal available for merchandise campaign and donation campaigns?
- Paypal is only available for merchandises campaign to pay for the merchandise, additional donations and shipping fees.
- Why would I want to use Paypal?
- Paypal is one of the payment options we offer on our site in addition to using any major credit card. Some online shoppers prefer Paypal because it allows you to put money in your Paypal account and then pay using a username and password instead of entering your credit card.
- How do I sign up for Paypal?
- You can sign up for a Paypal account during the checkout process on Booster or you can go here
- How does Paypal work?
- After adding your shirt and optional additional donation into your cart and entering your shipping information in the payment details section you then select Paypal as the payment option and follow the instruction on the page.
- Do you accept international payments?
- For now payments are restricted to the U.S.
- Can I pay with an eCheck?
- At this time we do not accept eChecks.
- What payment methods are accepted through Paypal?
- With Paypal typically you will use funds from your Paypal account, which is funded by a checking account or credit card.
- How do I know my donation is going to a where the campaign says it is going or to a ‘real charity’?
- At Booster we take this issue very seriously. On campaign pages we prominently display the campaign beneficiary. We include the name of the organizer on call campaign pages and our advisor team reviews all campaigns well before any disbursement of funds takes place. If you have any questions please contact us here.
- How do I get help?
- Booster has a dedicated campaign advisor team that can assist with any questions or concerns. Feel free to visit our Contact Us page for more information on how to reach us.
- When should I expect to receive my shirt order?
- We print all shirt orders at once after campaign closes in order to help campaign organizers to maximize their fund raised. You should expect to receive your order within 2 weeks after campaign close date.
- How do I track the status of my shirt order?
- Once the campaign closes and your shirt is shipped, you will receive a shipment confirmation from us with a link to help you track your order. If you haven’t received your email confirmation, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we would be happy to confirm the status of your order.
- I received my shirt and I’m not entirely happy with it
- If you are not completely satisfied with your order, send us an email at email@example.com or call 855-862-8756, and we will gladly address your concerns.
- How do I change my shirt size?
- Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855-862-8756, and we will do our best to accommodate your request. Keep in mind that we do not store inventory -- the shirts are printed all at once in bulk and sent out to the supporters. Therefore we may not be able to change your shirt size after the shirts have left our printing facility.
- How should I determine my goal?
- Remember that you’re not just raising money, you’re also rallying support and driving awareness, so we suggest making your goal ambitious, but realistic.
- How can I spread the word about my Booster campaign?
- While we encourage you to be creative, we mainly recommend using email, Facebook and Twitter to make your community aware of your campaign. You should count on promoting it daily to remind (and thank!) supporters and encourage them to spread the word to their network. You might even consider having a party for the campaign - bring a laptop or a tablet so potential supporters have the opportunity to buy a shirt and donate while they celebrate.
- What can I do to help my campaign succeed?
- The key to a successful campaign is regularly sharing your campaign to your network of supporters and potential supporters. Tell the story of your cause and ask for support through emails, regular engagement on Facebook, Twitter and other sites where your supporters can be found. Be direct, concise and tell your community why their support matters.
- How can I get my campaign featured on the homepage or on the discovery page?
- After your campaign has gained some momentum it is eligible to be featured on the homepage. We look for campaigns with a compelling story and cause that help bring to life what is possible with Booster Campaigns. Campaigns are automatically included in discovery page results (unless your campaign is private) after selling 5 or more shirts or collecting $100 or more in donations.
- What are the big advantages to using merchandise for a Campaign?
- We believe that custom t-shirts have the power to bring people together! Including merchandise in your campaign allows you to add your own creative touch to your fundraiser, while allowing everyone that contributes to have a tangible memento of their support. Once your campaign closes, your custom-products will deliver to your supporters so they can continue to create awareness by putting your cause on display for years to come.
- How do I design my t-shirt?
- Just click here to get started with your shirt design using our easy-to-use design lab. You can start with a design idea, select from a huge library of art and fonts or upload your own logo. If you need assistance our Booster advisors are on hand to make sure your shirt is just right. At any point you can save your progress using your email address.
- What types of products are available for Booster campaigns?
- Booster offers hundreds of products to ensure that you find an item that meets your needs and helps make your campaign a success. Product choices include: sweatshirts, jerseys, tanks, performance wear, and much more. Click here to view some of the most popular options. You can also use the product selection feature inside the design lab.
- How do I make edits to my design after my campaign is launched?
- Our Booster Advisor team would be happy to help you make edits to your design. Contact us describing the changes in detail, and an Advisor will be in touch once your design has been updated
- What brand of shirts and other apparel are available?
- From our best selling Gildan t-shirts, to the ultra-hip American Apparel, Bella and Next Level line of products our goal is quality products that you and your supporters can be proud to wear. Our full line also includes sportswear and team gear from Augusta, Badger, Champion, New Balance and Adidas. Jerzees Activewear, Anvil, Fruit of the Loom and Hanes rounds out the basics with long-sleeve tees, short sleeve, tanks, sweatshirts and so much more. Our full catalog can be viewed here.
- Is there someone who can help create my design?
- Our easy-to-use design lab helps anyone create a great design without needing special design expertise. Often the best designer for your cause is you. However, we know that sometimes you just can’t find the inspiration you need. That is why
we’ve created a variety of design ideas to help you get started, check them out by clicking here.
Note: Once your campaign has started selling shirts (before it prints) an advisor will review your design to make sure it will look great so you can focus on promoting your campaign.
If you still have questions feel free to reach out to a Booster Advisor here.
- I would like to upload my own design. What type of file can I use?
We support all popular image file formats. The file size limit for each image uploaded is 5MB. If you encounter any problems with your upload, send it to us and we'll take care of it for you - free!
- .ai - Adobe Illustrator Document
- .ps, .eps - PostScript File
- .jpg - JPEG Image
- .psd - Adobe Photoshop Image
- .bmp - Bitmap Image
- .gif - GIF Image
- .png - PNG Image
- .wmf - Windows Metafile
- .tiff - Tagged Image File Format
- .pdf - Portable Document Format
- I would like to use an official graphic or logo as part of my design. Is that ok?
- Official graphics used on everything from album covers to football jerseys are protected property.
To use images protected by trademark or copyright in a design, we first need permission from the owner or trademark holder. Normally the licensing department of a major sports franchise, a band's management or even a listed university faculty member can give permission.
We need approval to print any protected content for:
- Brand Logos/Names
- How do I ensure that my photograph will look good once printed on the shirt?
- At Booster, the minimum DPI required to screen print raster images - like photographs - is 200 at actual print size. For our digital printing service, the minimum is 72 DPI for dark ink on a light shirt, and 120 DPI for light ink on a dark
shirt, at actual print size. The reason that DPI requirements are lower for digital printing is because digital printing goes straight from the digital image onto a shirt, whereas screen printing goes from a digital image to a stencil-like
screen to a shirt, kind of like making a photocopy of a photocopy. We need extra resolution to ensure the integrity of your final screenprinted image as it moves through this three-part process.
Having trouble figuring out your image's DPI? On a PC, you can find this number by going to start » programs » accessories » paint, opening your image, and clicking on "attributes" under the "image" menu. If you have a Mac, open your image in Preview (your default image viewing program), and go to tools » inspector » image DPI.
- Does the design I create using the Booster lab belong to me? What about the design I uploaded to the Booster lab?
- Designs (or portions thereof) that you create using the Booster Site are owned by Booster and/or its licensors, as applicable (See definition of "Booster Content" and Section IV.A of the Booster Terms of Service). Designs that are owned by or licensed to you and that you upload are owned by you or the applicable licensor (See definition of "User Content" and Section IV.C of the Booster Terms of Service). You may use our Site and Services to upload, arrange, modify and create designs in connection with designing and buying merchandise or running a Campaign. You may not, however, use our Site and Services to create a design intended to be displayed on merchandise not customized or sold by us.
- Can I get access to the design files created by the Booster expert Art team for my Booster campaign?
- We would be happy to review your request and confirm whether we’re able to provide you with the artwork. Please send us an email at contact us page with the details of your request.
- How should I price my shirt?
- Don't set your price too low. Prices are usually set between $17-$20. Keep in mind that a graphic tee from your favorite store is about $25 and your supporters are not just buying your shirt because they like your design, they want to support your cause. Keep it reasonable, but remember that each extra dollar adds to the impact you can make.
- What should I set as a shirt goal?
- A good rule of thumb is to divide the number of your Facebook friends by 10 and start with that number as your goal.
- How long should my Booster run?
- We recommend running your campaign for about 2 weeks. This allows for your cause to build momentum, while still maintaining a reasonable delivery date for your products. Of course, campaigns can run shorter or longer. If you need the shirts by a particular date, please allow for an additional 2 weeks after your campaign closes for printing and delivery.
- How do I add a complementary style to my merchandise campaign?
- One of our Booster Advisors would be happy to add up to 4 complementary styles to your merchandising campaign. Even if there isn’t a perfect match available, an Advisor can help come up with great alternative styles to help expand your campaign’s appeal. Contact Us today to get started.
- How do I enable the Additional Donations feature?
- The Additional Donations feature is available to all Booster Organizers! Simply click on the Additional Donations toggle button to switch it to “On” during campaign setup. This will enable the Additional Donations feature and allow your supporters
to make contributions above and beyond their t-shirt purchase during checkout.
If your campaign is already live and you would like to enable this feature contact an advisor here to enable this feature.
- What happens if I sell more than my goal?
- There is no limit to how much you can raise, so keep your foot on the pedal. We can always increase your goal to keep motivating your supporters and to help maximize your impact. You can contact a Booster Advisor here to have your goal increased.
- What happens if I don’t reach my goal?
- No worries, as long as the cost to produce your items is covered (usually 20 shirts are sold), we'll still print your order and send you the profits. This way your supporters get their shirts even if the goal isn't reached. Your supporters
will only be charged for the shirts they purchase and any additional donations they choose to contribute, and you will not be responsible for purchasing additional shirts to meet the goal.
If you don’t sell the minimum needed to print, we will still send you any additional donations supporters gave to your campaign.
- How do supporters get their shirts?
- We offer two options for shipping:
- Drop-Ship (most popular) - If your buyers/supporters are not all in one area you can set up your campaign to have each order individually delivered. This option adds a $5 shipping fee your supporters pay at checkout.
- Bulk Ship - If your supporters are in one place (such as a school), then you can choose bulk delivery for free, distribute the shirts yourself, and save your supporters $5.
- Where can orders be shipped?
- Your Booster shirts can be shipped anywhere in the United States. Booster does not typically ship outside of the United States or to Canada, unless the delivery address is to an Army Post Office (APO) or Fleet Post Office (FPO). We will be more than happy to work with you if you are able to obtain an address in one of these locations. We hope to offer additional shipping locations in the future, so please check with us again soon!
- If I order multiple shirts, do they ship in the same box?
- Yes, we will ship your entire order in a single shipment.
- How long does it take for supporters to get their shirts?
- Typically shirts are delivered to your supporters about 2 weeks after a campaign closes.
- How does Booster calculate ‘Funds Raised’?
- It's simple: Your shirt price multiplied by the number of shirts you sell plus any additional donations from your supporters. Then we subtract our costs* and send the rest (funds raised) to you! The more shirts you sell, the less each one
costs, and we pass that savings on to you. Essentially, the more shirts you sell the higher your profit per shirt.
Keep in mind that we print the shirts in bulk once the campaign closes. This saves on printing costs and helps to maximize your funds raised.
After your campaign ends, you won't need to lift a finger. We'll send the funds to you or whomever you selected as the beneficiary during campaign setup. Want to estimate how much you can raise? Go here.
*Costs include shirt production costs, service fees and 2.9% payment processing fee on donated amounts.
If you have a question or need to update your beneficiary information contact a Booster Advisor here.
- How do my supporters pay for their shirts?
- Your supporters pay for their shirts online through your campaign page using any major credit card, debit card, or Paypal.
- What is the benefit of offering Paypal as a payment option?
- Millions of people use Paypal to pay online. By letting your supporters use Paypal your campaign is open to more potential supporters who may only want to support you using Paypal.
- What do I need to do to add Paypal to my campaign?
- Nothing! Your supporters will automatically see Paypal when making a t-shirt purchase to support your campaign. Paypal can be used for both merchandise and additional donations. Paypal is not yet available for our donation campaigns.
- How do my supporters add donations?
- Your supporters can choose to donate an additional amount on top of their shirt purchase at checkout, as long as you enable the “Additional Donations” feature at the time of campaign setup.
- Why don’t I see any funds raised even though my campaign sold more than the print minimum?
- The print minimum may be impacted by the high color count of your design, as well as the product you selected for your Booster campaign. Contact our Booster Advisor team and we can help you edit your design and/or product selection to help you maximize your fundraising potential.
- If I need help, is there someone I can talk to?
- Yes, we love talking to you about your causes! Contact us if you need any help with your Booster campaign. You can also reach out to us on Twitter or Facebook.
- How do I update my goal?
- You can update your campaign goal by contacting your Booster Advisor. Contact us.
- How do I update my campaign end date?
- Generally we discourage changing your campaign end date as this affect the delivery time for your order to your supporters. We do however understand there are times when we may need to do this. Contact a Booster Advisor with your campaign name and the new end date .
- How do I update my shirt price?
- You can update the price of your shirt by contacting your Booster Advisors here. We recommend you take the color count of your design and shirt selection into account before editing your price -- you want to make sure to set the price high enough to cover the printing costs and maximize your funds raised. Generally $20-25 is a good starting point.
- Can I update my shirt art?
- Any change to your shirt design will mean that buyers who have already purchased a shirt will receive a different shirt than they were expecting, which is why updating your shirt art is typically discouraged. We do understand that sometimes you have a good reason. To make this request contact a Booster Advisor Contact us.
- How can I switch to a different shirt or shirt color?
- You will need to contact a Booster advisor Contact Us. If your campaign has already sold shirts, updating the color or product would mean your supporters will get a different shirt than they may expect. Consider setting up a concurrent campaign page instead and referencing the other campaign’s URL at the top of the page next to the Buy button.
- How do I update my campaign story?
- You can easily update your campaign story by logging in to your campaign dashboard here . Once logged in, click on the link near the top “Update Story and Images”. Just make your changes and then save your updates.
- How can I update the beneficiary on my campaign?
- If your campaign benefits a non-profit or 3rd party it will generally not be possible to update the beneficiary after your campaign goes live. If your campaign was set up with you the organizer as the beneficiary you can login to your dashboard, and click on “Update Recipient Details” to make this update.
- Who can create a donation campaign (without merchandising)?
- Currently anyone residing in the U.S. can create a Booster donation campaign.
- How much does a donations campaign cost?
- Booster charges a flat fee of 5.99% on donation campaigns. This fee is inclusive of credit card processing fees.
- What happens if I don’t reach my goal?
- With Booster donation campaigns, any donations you receive will be sent to you (after 5.99% processing fee) using your chosen disbursement method regardless of whether you meet your goal or not.
- How do I report an offensive campaign?
- How do I update my donation campaign?
- To update your campaign you will need to login to your campaign dashboard and then find the campaign you would like to update. Mouse-over the campaign and click on the “Update” button. This will take your campaign editor where you can update details like your campaign title, headline, campaign story, and cover image.
- Can I make my campaign private?
- Yes. During campaign setup you may hide your campaign from appearing in the campaign search and trending page by selecting the “Make my campaign private” option. This option will make your campaign visible only to those with whom you share your campaign URL. If your campaign is already live a Booster Advisor can help you make your campaign private. Send us your request today.
- How do I extend my donation campaign end date?
- To edit your campaign end date on your Booster Donation campaign login to your campaign dashboard from the “Your Boosters” link located in the upper-right of the Booster site. Locate your campaign and click on the “Update” button. Scroll down the campaign editor to the end date, select your new date and the choose save at the bottom of the page.
- How do I close my campaign?
- To end your campaign early you will need a little help from a Booster Advisor. You can reach one to make your request here.
- How do I update my cover photo?
- To update your cover photo login to your using this link: campaign dashboard. You can also click on the “Your Boosters” link located in the upper-right of the Booster site. Locate your campaign on the page and click on the “Update” button. Scroll down the campaign editor to your cover photo and click the blue “browse” link to select a new photo. Don’t forget to save your changes by clicking on “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page.
- How do I update my campaign story or images?
- To update your campaign story or images login to your campaign dashboard here. You can also click on the “Your Boosters” link located in the upper-right of the Booster site. Locate your story and images, make your updates and then select “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page.
- How do I see a list of contributions to my campaign?
- Login to your campaign dashboard then click on campaign and scroll down the page to your list of contributors. The list will show contributions with the name, date, amount and email address for each contribution.
- How do I contact someone who supported my Booster Donation Campaign?
- Login to your campaign dashboard then click on campaign and scroll down the page to your list of contributors. The list will show contributions with the name, date, amount and email address for each contribution. Just copy the email address and email your supporters directly.
- How do I login to my account?
- To login to your account go to the login page here .
- I forgot my username or password. How do I login?
- To reset your password go to the signin and click forgot password. Your Booster username is your email address. If you don’t remember this email or no longer have access to this email address contact a Booster Advisor by going to our Contact us.